Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What brings you comfort


(photo credit Sylvain Lajoie)

Yesterday, Simon asked that we have a real meal and some time together in the evening.
I zipped through my day as fast as I could and then came home to a clean and welcoming house.

In the midst of all this craziness, I know I can count on the love of my life to create a little cocoon, a soft pillowy place where time stops. And we watch 30 rock (Liz Lemon rocks). And we eat and drink good wine (a bottle we had been keeping for awhile...)

Even though I am surrounded by bacon at work, I can never have enough of it.
Ditto for butter.



In our plate: Tender beef, potato mash and Brussel sprouts with french shallot, butter and bacon.
And for dessert, my taste test for tv today: cheese cake with cranberry orange topping.

Here is another way too flattering blog post from the Ottawa Citizen blog - I am starting to wonder if someone is paying these folks to write nice things about me.

Omnivore's Ottawa review

7 comments:

Jane said...

Enjoy the lovely comments! You deserve it.

Thanks for the wonderful blog-I find it very comforting. :)

We have also been indulging in a lot of homemade tomato soup lately which makes the chilliness of the evenings a little nicer.

Mo Pie, Please said...

How awesome that your husband provides such niceties for you to come home to. You've been so busy - you deserve nice quiet nights at home with Liz Lemon and wine! Also, I loooove your tattoo!

nicole said...

You deserve every glowing review. Yours truly is a special place.

I'm starting to experience Edgar withdrawal. Are you sure you don't need any help? Just say the word...

thebakingconnoisseur said...

I love the picture at the top of this post...there is something so charming about it (I think it has to do with the lighting)!

Rachelle said...

You deserve everything you're getting! And Simon is the best!

weddingchaplain said...

Thanks for your wonderful food today. You deserve all the positive comments. Bon Courage.

Caitlin said...

I just wanted you to know that I LOVE reading about you opening Edgar - it's like reading a good book. It was always a childhood dream of mine to open a cafe or restaurant, and while that's a long-lost dream, your posts are a nice way to live through that dream. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing more.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License