Monday, November 15, 2010

Two weeks officially done...



...and this has been quite a ride.

What have a learned?

I have great friends, people are generous beyond belief.

Last week, I had help from Marc-André, Psychgrad, Nadia and my three moms. (My real mom, Simon's mom and Line, my adoptive mom) Thank goodness, because I would not have survived. (ummm, slept)

Also, I got a surprise visit from three extraordinary ladies on a Friday night: Asha, Rachelle and Lynne brought real food, sublime goodies, for Simon and I to eat. And we shared a delicious meal, and they helped out to prepare for the next day - which turned out to be busy as a radio interview aired in the morning. You can click here to hear it, probably for a few more days only...





Lynne and I have great fun thinking up sandwiches and brunch dishes. Can't wait for Art-is-in to bake new types of bread and sell croissants (soon!!!) Our fave this week was egg salad, with apple and red onion, on potato dill bread. I believe Lynne took a picture...

So far, the brunch items are not big sellers, I wonder why. Don't people love french toast? I am considering a waffle maker... Anywhoo, we did a Monte cristo - a mere handful of people ordered it - but it was delicious! Pear and caramelized onion butter, melty cheese, ham, french toast, maple syrup, how can you go wrong?

And we started serving hot chocolates and homemade moccachino-type coffees.
I am happy, see?



We have beautiful flowers from Bel Fiore in the shop, these are real pineapple! They had people talking quite a bit...



And these are not flowering asparagus... One day I will remember names.



...and I am trying to remember the names of everyone in the neighbourhood. I love how some are already familiar faces.

If you want a bit more to read (and more pictures!), some people came to eat and had something to say about it:
Eva's Food World
Grow Chew

I will be on tv tomorrow as well. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

thetwistedchef said...

GOOD LUCK on TV tomorrow! and I will post my pictures of the amazing Edgar sandwiches ... I am eating on in the next 5 minutes!

pinkghost said...

the white flowers are called star of bethlehem. i had them as my wedding bouquet! xo

Vanessa said...

So happy for you, and loving reading about your journey! Someday maybe I can pop in if I'm ever in the area :o)

Psychgrad said...

Just listened to the interview -- you did a great job! Congrats on surviving two weeks.

kaitlin said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!! I am so happy for you! Good luck tomorrow. I will try to find my way in to eat some brunch this week.

foodiePrints said...

Break a leg on your TV segment today! Will listen to your CBC interview at lunch.

So happy for Edgar's success! Congrats on surviving your first 2 weeks!

nicole said...

Just listened to the radio interview. What a pro! You did so well. I'm so proud of you!!!

Missed the tv though...

:(

Vanessa Sofia said...

I just thought you should know that you inspire me. As someone who hopes to one day be filled with enough artful creations to share them with the world in my own little spot, I read your blog with excitement and tiny tears of happiness for you. Everything you have done so far is beautiful and I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

-V

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License