Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Opening Saturday...



So, the whirlwind is full force.
Hardly did I believe that this week would be so intense. Little things take up so much time, but then, some others larger tasks get done quicker than I thought.

I am making a fair amount of food, but still not up to agenda. I will try to push it today.
Luckily, the past two evenings I have had the help of my dear friend Chloe. It had been awhile since we had last seen one another, so we have lots to talk about (as we make spaghetti sauce and debone/portion a whole box of chicken)

In the past two days, I have done:
*A lot of running around... plus*
Tons of veg stock
Spicy butternut squash soup
Apple, squash and cashew soup
Tons of apple sauce
Apple buttah. (well not quite there yet, just needs a bit more lovin')
Cranberry, orange & vanilla sauce
Spaghetti sauce (for lasagnas today I hope)
Chloe roasted a ton of red peppers (one huge box and more) and made some foccacia dough

I plan to do many many goodies for the weekend, hoping to make macaroons, brownies, muffins, scones, buns, peanut/oat/chocolate squares, little tarts, cookies, more bars... And a few lunch items. So far, I am aiming for the vietnamese sandwich, a panini, chicken chipotle soup and a veggie soup (not sure, making a few more today...) And, it time permits, some fun take home items like spiced pitas and dips.

I finally found my bar chairs and paid more than I wanted to, but they are pretty. Almost had a meltdown at the store when the lady said the ones I wanted were discontinued. I am a bit tired I guess. We drove back with a car so full that you only saw my head pop out, I had to laugh.

Reality is, plans change, I have to adapt. I find it hard to coordinate the little things (having the phone/debit company come in, make holes, run wires... make more holes in counter for my debit machine, the phone), deliveries (dear milkman, I cannot meet you this morning at 6h30 and yes, I need butter even if you don't carry it normally for the convenience store next door. Ditto for cream. And sour cream. Yes, I want it all.) and shopping (driving me mad!), ensuring all the last details are in place (Ummmm, take out coffee cups! Writing the menus on the blackboard, checking power outlets - panini grill+cappucino machine+big percolator+soup warmers+fridges =worries - and getting all my crazy paper work together not to forget to pay anyone...)

Thank goodness Simon's parents are there. His mom is driving me around, his father is figuring out my cash register, debit, fixing fridges. My mom sends me little emails with hugs and kisses (and I wish she was retired as well!! ) - I need those.

My sign should go up today, and I am getting my little stamp that Simon made - that makes me smile. My man is the best, and he is tired as well, and doing all he can to do his job and help me...I feel like letting him sleep in this morning, bringing him coffee in bed, a nice smoothie, but work calls us both. Maybe in another life now?

13 comments:

Holly Bruns said...

Marysol! I'm getting excited for you just reading your post. All of your food sounds so yummy. Good luck with the last of your prep work and your opening.

Mélodie said...

En plus d'être emballant et excitant, c'est vraiment impressionnant tout ce que tu as accompli au cours des dernières semaines. Oui, tu as de l'aide, mais à la fin de la journée, c'est toi qui te couches avec la "to-do list". Je t'admire et j'ai hâte d'aller te voir chez Edgar. J'irai au cours de la semaine pour te laisser ton ouverture avec tes amis et ta famille :-)

Marysol said...

Oui! Puis on va pouvoir se jaser pour de vrai, l'air de panique dans mes yeux se sera estompé...

Marysol said...

Thank you pretty Holly!!!

growchew said...

Courage! The sun is shining. I hope its rays energize you on this beautiful day.

kaitlin said...

:)
(I'm too excited for you to use words!)

The Benny's said...

2 words: Wonder Women!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I know things are crazy for you right now but just remember you are making every foodie's dream happen for yourself which is absolutely amazing. Plus I just know you will succeed because you love what you are doing and it will show! Best of luck with the opening and update when you can.

nicole said...

Wow, I am tired just reading about it, never mind living it! But all your hard work will pay off. I'm so excited and happy for you!

I'm free to help Friday night if you need any last minute errands/jobs/hugs whatever.

xoxo

Sarah K. said...

I love your blog so much! I wish I lived in Quebec so that I could go to Edgar. I have no doubt that it will be anything less than amazing.

thetwistedchef said...

i love this entry. i'm sending you postivie thoughts! and I can only imagine how wonderful your kitchen smells after you and Chloé are through with it. You are so going to rock in on Saturday - and beyond! Chez Edgar is going to be amazing (just like you!)

REMI THERIAULT said...

Awesome! J'ai hâte de visiter.

Eva said...

Bravo! Seulement quelques dodos maintenant...

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License