Sunday, October 31, 2010

And we opened...


The little FERMÉ sign, we survived our first weekend.

... The past few days have been hectic and no doubt are we tired.
But this has been unreal and wonderful.

I still can't believe that this will be my job
(I received a card that read: congratulations on your new job, ha ha, funny)
It is not really sinking in.
I was there early again this morning, making brioche, making muffins, scones - I realized that this will not be 'for a second day in a row' but rather 'for quite awhile.'

Friends and family came yesterday and today was a fabulous mix of people from the neighborhood and more friends... The response from the people living close by is heartwarming. Smiling and chatting and laughing strangers, in my little shop.

We still have a lot ahead of us. We have to do the website soon. I have to get on top on my production - frozen soups and lasagnas are disappearing faster than I imagined. Working out the little things, buying the missing tidbits to make my life easier (Nicole, I am not talking about the dishwasher...but maybe should I consider) and, the thing that scares me most: getting the cappucino froth just right. Simon has been doing it for me the past two days, I will be alone soon and will need to face the foam monster.


Simon's perfect foam... not mine!
(Photo credit Nadia Caron)

Friends have been more than wonderful. More than fantastic. More than anyone could ever ask for, or dream of. I thank you all, you know who you are.

Let me share with you some pictures from Nadia, a good friend of mine, and Don, a fellow blogger (of Foodie Prints)

And I will chat some more with you later this week. For now, sleep.


Photo Credit Don Chow


Photo Credit Don Chow
Homemade granola and spiced pita chips


Photo credit Don Chow


Photo credit Don Chow


Photo credit Don Chow
Lynne, cutting the perfect pieces of the Edgar bars.


Photo credit Don Chow
Little apple cranberry tarts and the bacon/date/orange brioche hiding in the back


Photo credit Nadia Caron
Beautiful beautiful flowers from Bel Fiore


Photo credit Nadia Caron
Les barres Edgar.


Photo credit Nadia Caron


Photo credit Nadia Caron


Photo credit Nadia Caron
(She doesn't have a sweet tooth, but she seemed to really have a thing for the sticky apple pecan muffins!)


Photo credit Nadia Caron
(a view of the shop as you come in)


Photo credit Nadia Caron


Photo credit Nadia Caron

18 comments:

kaitlin said...

it's so wonderful. I was completely blessed out this morning. I can't wait to come back!!!

Psychgrad said...

Congratulations! I plan to visit soon.

donkey and the carrot said...

Congratulations honey!!!! You make my dream came true!!! :)))) BEST WISHES FOR YOUR LOVELY SHOP!!!! Hope i ll visit someday soon!:))) hugs, kisses, more hugs, more kisses, Foivi")

foodiePrints said...

Food this good in a space so lovely has to be shared!

Congrats Marysol! :)

Will be back! Will bring friends!

Deborah said...

Congratulations from Seattle Washington! Everything looks wonderful and the photos are great! Thank you for sharing!

Victoire said...

My tummy is grumbling and I wish I had a vietnamese poek sandwich to fill it, sooo amazing!!

Betty Bake said...

Congratulations :) !!!!

yay - wish i could visit - I'm in south africa

Betty bake Blog

Mo Pie, Please said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! It looks like such a wonderfully delicious place, I wish I could pay it a visit! Congrats and best of luck! No doubt in my mind that you'll be very successful.

thetwistedchef said...

I LOVE Edgar and YOU (and Simon)! All of it is so amazing! I hope today went well for your "rest" day! Your soups are amazing, I heart your brioche and sticky muffins and scones... and that apple cheddar pannini is so ridicoulously delicious. Sigh. AMAZING!

pinkghost said...

félications mon ami!!! wish i could have been there to celebrate but i will come hang out when i get back!

ila said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! edgar is so beautiful. best wishes from california :)

marie camille said...

j'capote. c'est trop beau. et j'ai trop hâte d'aller me bourrer la fraise!! mille félicitations marysol (et compagnie!).
xo

Pickles said...

It looks fabulous! Everything looks so delicious; but no surprise there if you made it :D Popping in is on my 'to do list' for this week. Can't wait :D

Janet M-N said...

Wow!! I wish I could have come... but I'm back in Europe now (and very jetlagged). It looks GREAT. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

It looks awesome. I would love if this were close by and in my neighborhood! Congrats!!

Eva said...

After seeing the pics, I'm even more excited to check it out this weekend! Bravo, bravo, bravo!

Meats, Roots and Leaves said...

Marysol: Very nice. Well done.

chichichic said...

oh it looks so lovely! i'm definitely going to come and check it out this weekend!

lovely!

justyna

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License