Monday, August 30, 2010

White Bean Dip - remix



My go-to dip this summer has been white been & herb.
Then I tried doing this dip for a recent potluck. I liked it lot, and as usual, I reworked it and reworked it...

We snacked on this with spiced&baked pitas. I first fell in love with baked pitas at Delish (a fantastic little shop that used to be in Ottawa, then moved to Hull...). I never knew what spices they used, and I never really have made up my mind on how I like them most, so it varies.

I usually mix about 1/4 cup canola oil with spices (not all of these at the same time, mix and match!): chili flakes, espelette, piment d'alep, curry powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, turmeric, celery salt, freshly ground pepper and salt. Cut your pita bread, smother with the spice mix, bake at 350 and watch closely - they tend to change color fast!

Roasted Yellow Pepper and White Bean Dip
(my version of the FoodiePrints Dip)

1 can of white beans (Or if you are soaking your beans, one very large handful of dried)
1 yellow bell pepper, roasted, skin removed
1/3 cup cashews, roasted
1/3 cup canola oil
Espelette Pepper
Juice of half a lemon
2 cloves of garlic
Siracha to taste
Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
(I also added some leftover smoked tomato compote from last night and it was heavenly!!!)

6 comments:

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I never would have thought of cashews but I bet it makes this so delicious. Thanks for sharing! I promise to post my award soon - thank you again!

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

Score! The awesome baked pita recipe!

Asha at beFOODled said...

I tried your recipe this weekend and it was great! It made for a nice Monday lunch at work too - thanks!

Marysol said...

yay! This works!!
So happy that I made Anne happy and that you tried it Asha.

I just finished dinner and I could eat some more dip.. it is that good. I even looked at it when I got up this morning.

Breenuh said...

I tried your original recipe for a quick get-together earlier this summer and loved it! I now keep a can of white beans in my cabinet in case of emergencies :.)

Very excited to try this remix. I love bell peppers - raw or roasted, so I can't see how it could go wrong!

{lovely little things} said...

Love white bean anything, this looks tasty!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License