Sunday, August 8, 2010

Orange, Banana & Yoghurt Cake




This is a really delicious cake for breakfast, not too sweet, very moist because of the yoghurt. I love that is it quick to prepare and cook.

1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 banana
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup yoghurt
Zest of one orange
1/3 cup orange juice

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a cake pan (I used a bundt loaf pan)

Mix the butter and sugar, incorporate mashed banana. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and and baking soda. In a third bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Slowly add the flour mixture into the banana base, alternating with orange-yoghurt.

Cook for about 35 minutes. Cooking times depend on the pan you use, check for doneness with a toothpick - it should come out crumb free.

5 comments:

Asha at beFOODled said...

Looks so nice and I love the polka dot background!

kaitlin said...

Can we talk about how yummy this was? Please? Oh my gosh. I made two. Last night. At 10 o clock. After an eight hour day, an hour of research and an ultimate frisbee game. One for me and one for a friend on the mend. Yep. Yum, yum.

Marysol said...

Kaitlin, I love how you are my test kitchen!!!!

There is also a sigh of relief when you say that it turns out yummy - I rarely measure...

You are a baking-machine.

Shine Little Light* said...

Oh yum! I've just pulled this out of the oven and it is perfect! Im thinking im going to drizzle some orange sugar syrup over the top for my sweet tooth! Thank You!

Heavenly Housewife said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful. I'd love to try this for myself. This is going into my bookmarks.
*kisses* HH

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License