Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Buffalo Mozzarella My Love



This was by far one of the best salads I have had in awhile.
Simon will argue as he preferred the salad we had for dinner (stay tuned for the next post kiddies!)

I went to La Bottega on the market and bought this huge chunk'o'fabulous'cheese, Full Fat Water Buffalo Milk. So soft. Lightly salty. I am a bit shy to say... sexy. Yes, sexy cheese.


On the plate: Buffalo Mozzarella, swiss chard from our garden, heirloom tomato, oregano leaves, piment d'alep, garlic, olive oil.


Stunning heirloom tomatoes that I could not resist at the Farmer's Market even though I have a ton in the garden...

8 comments:

Mélodie said...

Je suis presque gênée de te dire que moi aussi, j'ai fait cette salade en fin de semaine :-) Et que moi aussi, j'ai acheté de la mozzarella de bufflonne à La Bottega samedi. En fait, j'en ai acheté 3. Gros spécial à 4,99$! Tu vas penser que je te copie, mais je te jure que c'est vrai :-)

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

I would have no objections if you ever decided to move in and mess in my kitchen.

Marysol said...

Mélodie, je crois maintenant à ton hypothèse de vies parallèles...

Mais mautadine, j'aurais du me rendre à la Bottega avec toi (une seule voiture, la super aubaine, la compagnie)

Marysol said...

Anne, you know you need to have a mini pod in your house, and kidnap me when I finally bring back the tupperware top!!! (It is with my keys and phone, I will try not to forget tomorrow!!)

Pearl said...

sounds and looks fabulous! I should get myself some of that buffallo cheese.

{lovely little things} said...

Sounds like "sexy" cheese!

Bromography said...

Looks like a perfect salad! How could anyone not love buffalo mozzarella?

Chef Dennis said...

I just love heirloom tomatoes and we saw almost none this year...I don't know why....although I got some eggplant that looked just like your tomatoes!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License