Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cool as a Cucumber



Biking to and from work these days has been, well, hot. I needed a bit of encouragement and luckily, Simon was there for me - he met me halfway and we cycled slowly in this crazy heat.

Days like these, at home, no bbq, no oven.

This soup can be made vegan - no need for the yoghurt if you don't want to - the almonds make it creamy enough.


Cucumber, Mint & Almond Soup


3 large garden cucumbers
1 cup veg stock
3/4 cup slivered almonds
handful of mint, some basil & dill
1/3 cup yoghurt
Lemon juice
Salt to taste

7 comments:

kirsten said...

The heat wave is crazy! Good idea for a cold soup. Love the colour.

13bees said...

yum. I know what's for dinner tonite.

Asha at beFOODled said...

This looks lovely and cool, perfect for this weather. I bike to work too and am finding it pretty hard but it's still my fastest way to work ... darn heat wave!

JMN said...

By the way, I've made your burgers and cake... both are great! http://nice-weather-for-ducks.blogspot.com/2010/07/she-eats-bears.html

Marysol said...

I am so happy you tried those!!! Glad they worked!

Leslie said...

I made the soup on Friday for a picnic in the park! It tasted delish! Thanks for the great recipe.

Marysol said...

Thanks Leslie, that's awesome!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License