Saturday, June 12, 2010

Will this week ever end?



I have to admit that this week has been a challenge.
I even gave in to ordering pizza to Simon's grand delight. It took about 10 minutes for him to talk me into it. I had remorse for about another 10, and then I was quite relieved to be going on with my little projects.

To save some time, I started the week by marinating some pork tenderloin in a very neutral marinade of soy & canola oil. These tender little pieces were skewered and smothered with a caramelized onion & balsamic paste (instant upgrade on the taste!!! ) and we ate those with a rhubarb compote (rhubarb, balsamic, maple, lots of pepper) & orange/watercress salad.



The second half of the pork was spiced up with sambal, given a little twist of lime and we ate it with a mango salsa.



The rest of the week was pretty typical. Soba noodle salad and salad rolls. Big veggie salad. Fish. The treat? Peameal. Quick. Easy. Salty. Yum.

Last night was my mum's bday. All plates were licked clean.



Tonight, I am eating out with a friend and we are wandering over to Wakefield, even though it is not quite sunny... My art is done, varnished, labeled, packaged and ready to go! What a relief. And tomorrow? The wonderful frenziness of a baby shower. Stay tuned for Katie's Food Extravaganza!!!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License