Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Shrimp Tacos



Well, it seems like mango made a comeback.
We finished work late last night. I wanted something quick & I my taco dreams started at about 1pm that afternoon...

Like doughnuts to Homer, tacos to Marysol. Proof a) & b) & c) & d)

Shrimp Taco Filling

20 large shrimp, cooked (in mirin), chopped
1 mango, cubed
1/3 cup red onion, diced
2 green onions, chopped
3 limes, juiced (less if you have really juicy ones...)
Sambal or red chilies, I put 2 Tbsp, adjust to your heat level...
1/4 cup orange juice
1 handful Thai basil, chopped
1 large handful coriander, chopped
shredded lettuce

8 comments:

Don said...

mmm...love seafood in a taco, especially with mango :)

may I ask where you source your corn tortillas? Chef at Play Food and Wine told me it's easiest to make my own :P

Cara said...

mmmmm! I love your blog< so much delicious cooking inspiration!
<33

Marysol said...

Hey Don,

Mike was right, it is easy... Although I find you need a press, rolling out the dough is just not the same. And then you have to fry them (or pan-cook if you want soft tacos)

I took a great class with Maria Garza from Cultural Kitchen, look her up, she is fabulous.

Old El Paso was my friend last night ;) but you can find some awesome products at the Latin video store on Somerset. I love going there...

Marysol said...

Thanks Cara!!

Nancy said...

Since your exploring, you should try adding pineapples too! YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe.

makescoffeenervous said...

oh my. this looks heavenly!!! i love tacos too and they surely are a comfort food. next to pizza. haha. hint, hint. make pizza! :)

Beth B said...

Wow that sounds amazing - summery AND delicious!! Thank you for sharing - I'm definitely making this one!

佳順佳順 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License