Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rhubarb Crumble



Déjà vu?

It was time to cut some rhubarb again. I am so afraid that earwigs will find a comfy home that I try to cut it before it gets too bushy.



Simple Simple Crumble.

4-5 cups rhubarb
1 Tbsp small tapioca
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp cinnamon
ground nutmeg

1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter (adjust, it needs to just come together, you may need more)

Mix the first set of ingredients, put in a baking dish. Cook for 10-15 minutes @ 350 until the rhubarb begins to soften.

Mix the second set of ingredients. Top the rhubarb and put back into the oven for another 15 minutes or until crumble is golden.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Looks easy, but sounds delicious - a great combination!

Meg said...

yum!! i make a strawberry & rhubarb crumble that is by far my favorite summer dessert. wish i had some rhubarb growing in my backyard!

Mary said...

Yum! This looks like a different crumble recipe for me to try next year--my rhubarb is completely finished. Wonder why that is, when we're both in Ottawa?

Marysol said...

Hi Mary! I had never seen your blog, how beautiful!! Great pictures.

I hope you don't mind, I forwarded it to Marc-André who manages thefood.ca.

hmmm. Maybe Aylmer rhubarb is more productive than Ottawa rhubarb? This little rhubarb plant was amazing last year and I think it is giving me more this year. I still have tons. But it came from an Ottawa garden. Mystery.

;P

Mary said...

Thanks! I love that site, and go to it often to see what's happening on Ottawa blogs.
I've been so tempted to buy hothouse rhubarb, but am consoling myself by eating through the 16 jars of jam I made...
:)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License