Monday, June 7, 2010

Hazelnut, Pear & Dates



I am suddenly having a crazy week.
It seems that I had committed to an art show...but totally forgot. This does not happen to me, I am sooooo organized for art and never take more than I can chew.
A little 'ping'! came through yesterday afternoon, a reminder email that the show was about a week away.
What show? non. merde.

This means I have to plan out certain things a bit better - like food.
I usually wake up and start thinking about what I would like to eat today. Breakfast and dinner, then lunch if we have no leftovers. I normally take my sweet old time...

So this morning I tried thinking ahead a bit with what is in the fridge.
Luckily, Sunday morning, I did quite an efficient clean - made compote with leftover fruit, stock with leftover veggies, pureed, mashed, froze...

I baked muffins this morning with a pear compote made yesterday.
Follow this recipe. Or this recipe and replace the apple compote with pear. Add dates. Add nutmeg. Eat. Enjoy.

2 comments:

E said...

ooh good luck with the art show! Just remember dancers in the US often use "merde" as a good luck, term of endearment prior to shows! (although I am unsure of that usage's origins) love your blog!

Camila said...

oh no! how stressful!
These muffins look ace. Good luck with the food prep in the coming week.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License