Monday, June 21, 2010

Garden - it's growing.



Yep, it's growing!

My rhubarb is still going crazy - I will attempt to make rhubarb syrup this week. Scott and Kelly have totally inspired me!



Swiss Chard


Sweet Peas


Courgette (blossoms to stuff!)


Beets. Beets. And beets. I have so many...


We ate our first beans this weekend!


This little lettuce cannot wait to be tossed in dressing.


My fennel is wild! I had a challenge with it in the beginning as a little animal was quite fond of it. I made cages to put on top and it grew right back. My dill is taking more time to recover from the chomping...


Carrots are coming along great. We will eat our first radishes this week, they are staring to show much. My Gai Lan in the back is still struggling with the earwigs - but I keep spraying with soapy water, hopefully it will be ok.


And berries are turning red!!!!

10 comments:

simplyfreshottawa said...

Wow! It's doing so well!! Makes me feel like my little patch is stunted. Maybe we don't get as much sun as you do.

Lana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lana said...

Oh, I am so jealous of your fennel! Mine never rebounded from the munching. I'm starting to think my pests are resistant to my soapy water mixture. Grrr.

Marysol said...

Jodi, I do have a lot of sun! Maybe that is why...

Marysol said...

Lana, did you make little cages? I did it really late last year and it helped...

Also, I try to water in the morning only so that the sun dries out the water during the day. I am always worried of dampness at night because of the slugs & earwigs.

Vanessa said...

Looks great! We planted a small garden for the summer - tomatoes, squash, onions, herbs, and even two strawberry plants! The tomatoes and squash are doing well, as are the basill and parsley :o)

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

This looks fantastic. My one lone cherry tomato plant hasn't changed one cell structure since it was planted a month ago. I am just stunned that it actually looks alive. It was a gift. Now wondering if it is plastic!

kaitlin said...

so jealous of your zucchini blossoms. you have no idea. i also have no sun. and therefore only 4 sad green tomatoes.

eric said...

I wish my garden was doing as well as yours. I have rabbits eating all my crop. First my romain, now my green beans. I need to build a fence to keep them away! :(
I hope those buggers have a taste for the Serrano Chiles I planted :)

lifeofadoctorswife said...

What a beautiful garden! How wonderful it must be to be able to eat food you've grown yourself. (This is one reason I am SICK of apartment living!)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License