Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fig and Almond Cream Tart



I just cannot resist fresh figs.
I love going to Nicastro's and putting a few in a brown paper bag, taking care not to crush my precious loot as I walk back to my car.

I bought a whole flat for $10. It is fig week at our house!

Fig and Almon Cream Tart

100G massepain, tiny cubes (almond paste)
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup sweet butter, soft
2 eggs
1/2 cup cream
4 figs, sliced
1 pie crust

Have your pie dough rolled out and ready to go! I did my tart in a rectangle tart shell, and had enough of the cream mix to do a mini tart (for my mum, awwwww).

preheat oven to 350.

In a stand-up mixer, mix together the butter and massepain for about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and mix for another 3-4 minutes until soft and creamy. Add the eggs one by one, it will turn a pale color and fluff up. Reduce speed and add cream. Pour into the uncooked pie crust, layer the sliced figs on top. Cook for about 30 minutes, it should be a golden brown color and your crust pale gold.

I found this tart better the next day, cold.

6 comments:

mapledreams said...

That looks amazing! xx

Kim said...

Tart looks wonderful. A flat of figs for $10?! Which Nicastro's did you go to?

Marysol said...

Kim, I forgot to mention, I actually got this at Superstore on Wellington (or Richmond?) as I was shopping for work. It was Friday, so they probably still have some!!! go go go!

Shine Little Light* said...

Oh my life. I love you! *s*

Pearl said...

that sounds wonderful and looks pretty.

Deborah said...

Ok... this look way too good! I just have to try... hopefully figs at my grocery soon. Last year they had them so I'll be making this and letting you know how it tastes! Thank you!!:)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License