Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dill and Lemon Salmon Croquettes with Asparagus and Arugula Lemon Cream



I am so lucky. I step out of my office and voilà, the Parkdale market right in front of me.
Like a trained puppy, I go straight to the Rochon Farm booth.

They had beautiful asparagus - I had leftover salmon.




Dill and Lemon Salmon Croquettes with asparagus and sweet peas & arugula and lemon cream

For the Croquettes.

Leftover salmon, cooked, flaked (I had about 12 oz of scraps)
1 cup panko
1 egg
grated zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup chopped dill
1 French shallot
Salt and Pepper

Mix well and form into patties. Cook in very hot oil until golden and crispy.

For the Lemon & Arugula Cream

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream, whipped
Zest of half a lemon
Zing of lemon juice
Big handful of arugula, chopped
2 cloves garlic (I love garlic though, you can do with one...)
Lots of fresh pepper, a bit of salt

13 comments:

Cara said...

This look amaazinggg! I just might have to make this for dinner tonight :)

Marysol said...

Fabulous!! If the patties don't quite hold, add more panko. Enjoy!!

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

Gorgeous picture. Love salmon. Love planko. Love asparagus. Love arugula. Love lemon.

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

oops. Love PANKO! Planko is good if it is cedar and under the salmon for BBQ'ing

Marysol said...

Basically, it's love right? Are you me? I swear that I will try your crazy lemon cake...

love the planko description. that's how you call it after a few glasses of wine...

Don said...

Great presentation. Looks delish!

Love Rochon farms...Going to miss their mixed greens while I'm temporarily relocated during my kitchen reno...

Great looking croquettes! Panko is one of the things I lugged with me out to Kanata. Can't live without it.

kaitlin said...

You're killing me here! My husband doesn't eat salmon. However, my niece does. I will have to make this for her the next time they come over!

jacqueline said...

Marysol, my mouth is watering just at the sight of this blogpost title...and it's only 10am! This could be a wonderful dish for late morning brunch on the weekends as well! Add a little poached egg?! Oh goodness, your food makes my foodie heart melt.

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

What a perfect way to use leftover salmon. This is SO much better than salmon patties made from a can. And I MUST try that cream. xxSAS

The French said...

Perfect idea for leftover salmon. Nicely done:)

Meg said...

you make the most amazing meals. so glad i found your blog!

Marysol said...

Thanks Meg! My goal is to inspire people, so I am taking steps in the right direction!

Sea Cuisine said...

Great recipe! Now we know what to cook after we've put some frozen salmon fillets to good use and have leftovers. Rule of thumb: add asparagus to anything and its an instant hit. Thanks for sharing this!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License