Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Am I Mango Crazy?



Since last Sunday, I think we ate mango every day. Is mango my 'bacon-fruit'?
Is my subconscious telling me that mango makes everything taste better?

This was our lunch.



Black beans, mango, avocado, lime, cucumber, green onion, cumin, sambal, canola oil.

We had surprise guests for dinner, let's make a big salad. With mango.



Spicy chicken, mango, roasted red and yellow pepper, cucumber, mint, cilantro + avocado dressing (avocado, roasted tomato, cumin, garlic, green onion whizzed up with some olive oil, lime, salt and pepper)

And corn chips. Yes, you see corn chips in the salad. Blame it on the Black Tomato.

9 comments:

Eva said...

Ha! I could eat mango everyday! It's my favorite fruit I think! I laughed out loud at your fruit-bacon comment... too funny! I used to only buy the green/red ones but now I'm a total Atulfo convert.

In My Tennis Shoes said...

oh, that looks good! what a great combination!

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

It appears to be official. You are Mango Crazy. I too quite liked the new word 'fruit-bacon' in your lexicon of food language. That can morph into so much more..... 'cake-bacon', drink-bacon', ...

Marysol said...

my bacon-drink would be a very naughty dirty martini!

Victoria @ Hibiscus Bloem said...

Yep, you are a mango maniac this week !!! Now I really want to eat mango too. I shall have to stock up at the market on Friday.

Don said...

Love mango...We have some form of mango in the house from pudding (gelatinized melted ice cream with mango pieces), mango sorbet, mango ice cream, mangoes, dried mangoes, mango dressing, mango candy, mango tarts, mango cheesecake...

Bacon cravings come and go. Mango is forever!

Marysol said...

Don, your kitchen is a wonderland.

Nikki said...

I could eat all the time too. In fact I munch on Trader Joe's dried mango strips as a treat after dinner. It's like my candy!

jacqueline said...

Ummm, yes, mango is probably the best food known to man. Savory, sweet, you name it, mango can take it. I love it so much! Haha, oh goodness, when I saw the title of this post my heart melted and my mouth started to water...it's good to know there's another addict out there :)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License