Thursday, May 6, 2010

White Bean Dip



This is so easy and it screams summer!!!

I tried fresh beans and I have to admit that I prefer canned. Oh shame on me.

1 can white beans, rinsed
Zest of one lemon
Juice of half a lemon
2 cloves garlic (although I would put more if it was simply for me, I am a garlic lover)
Basil to taste
Flat leaf parsley to taste
1/3 cup good quality olive oil (half in the blender, half to drizzle over the finished spread)
Freshly ground pepper
Sea salt

Whiz it. That's it. Serve with crostini or fresh sliced bread.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Mmm! I love white bean dips!

Ania said...

I would never thought of beans as a dip! Must try that.

Marysol said...

This officially has replaced hummus in our house!

Breenuh said...

Marysol, this dip has changed my life. It is so easy! And it is a great last minute resource, if you just keep a can or two of white beans in your pantry at all times (the other ingredients are, of course, not completely necessary, so you can throw in what you have). It's great! Thanks for sharing :.)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License