Sunday, May 23, 2010

Warm Shallot Dressing

Sometimes I wish I was superhuman.
Even though I consider myself a pretty tough girl, I can't always manage to do all that I would want in a day, or have enough strength to do it all by myself.



Take for example the garden.
I have been procrastinating for weeks. I decided to double it in size this year.
In the last month, I worked on everything but... Tending to the flower beds, transplanting shrubs, bought a new tree, weeded the raspberry patch. And when I was done, I just went inside and baked goodies.

Yesterday I forced myself to do it. Bye bye lawn, make way for garden space.
I was at it for 45 minutes, then Simon came out to help, and he did 10 times as much as me in about 30 minutes. hmpf. boys. oh well, let me feed you...

We had a beautiful salad with greens from Rochon Farms. I love that there is dill in the mix.



I grilled some pork chops with herbs and garlic, as well as baby potatoes - we topped it all with a warm shallot dressing, it was perfect for the salad and meat - wonderful! The chops I bought at the Glebe Meat Market, it was my first visit: the service was quick and friendly, everything looked fresh, you actually had space to move around even though the space was packed. No attitude, I love it.




Warm Shallot Dressing

2 French Shallots, minced
1 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
1/3 cup oil
1 Tbsp grainy mustard
1 large clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

On medium low heat, saute the shallots in butter until soft. Turn the heat down to low, add the vinegar, oil and garlic - cook for 1 minute. Turn the heat off, add the rest of the ingredients.

1 comment:

Meg said...

that sounds delicious! i've been wanting to find a good dressing recipe and this one takes the cake. thanks for sharing!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License