Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Lazy Cheesecake




This is my treat tonight.

I pedaled and pedaled so quickly to get home today. Two people called me at work to say that there would be a thunderstorm, so I had better be on my way quick. It was so windy on the bridge crossing over to Aylmer.



Yes, I bike to work in a dress. Thank you Victoire for always keeping me fashionable.

I love storms. After dinner, we went to the beach and watched the dark clouds and lightning. How delightful it is to live near water.



Now I am in the safety of our little house, about to devour the blackberry cheesecake. My mother used to do this very often for my father. She pretty much always made it with blueberries (I guess my father liked that...), but I also have very vivid memories of different fruit layered to make pretty patterns. Maybe that was to please me...

You need to try this. So easy. Creamy. Decadent. But still very summery.



My mum's cheesecake

1 block cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 lemon, zested and juiced

Bend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into crust. Refrigerate. Easy-Peasy.
I sometimes put a bit more cream cheese if I have it on hand so that it holds better, especially if I am doing a large tart - but if not, no worries, you just need to make sure that it gets a good 4 hours to set.

I like a graham crust. To be honest, I never measure.
Put about 1 Tbsp sugar to 1 cup graham cookie, then add melted butter until it just holds. Press down in a tart shell Bake in the oven, 325, for about 8 minutes. It should just start to golden, no more.

10 comments:

CBC said...

How perfectly simple! Hello, weekend treat.

Breenuh said...

I can't wait to make this over the weekend!!! I love berry season :.)

Marysol said...

Bree, loop back and say if you liked it!!! The crust will hold together, so you can take the cheesecakes out of the pans. If you are doing a large one, you can use a springform pan.

Laura Downs said...

I love these! So simple and cute :)

Are the dishes those mini foil ones or are they actual mini cake pans?

Marysol said...

The dishes are mini pans, my mum gave them to me, maybe they are my grandmother's!

Foil ones would work just as well.

MuddyalaMode said...

This is so delicious looking. I can't believe it's that easy to make! I always thought it that cheesecake was labored over!

Muddy

Gabriella said...

Marysol,
I just found your blog and I LOVE it! You are such an inspiration!!! Just made your lazy cheesecake... cannot wait to eat it. See you soon. Bellsa

Marysol said...

Oh Bellsa, YOU are an inspiration.

You will now know my life after work, ha ha!!

kenda said...

this tastes so good. i made for the holiday weekend, and my family loved it. thanks, marysol!

Marysol said...

Kenda!! That is so wonderful!
(ps. I want all your shoes.)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License