Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gazpacho & Avocado Sorbet




Ever since I went over to Rachelle's house, I have been craving gazpacho.

I am normally not a gazpacho fan, but my partner is... Gazpacho & bruschetta, they make him happy. Rachelle' husband made quite a different version than I - check it out if you like creamy soups.

This gazpacho though I like chunky, the sorbet with it was a definite hit. A must.

4 large tomatoes, seeds removed
1 large English cucumber
1 celery stalk
1 carrot, peeled
1 French shallot
2 cups tomato juice
1 cup V8 (would have wanted more tomato juice but had none, so V8 did it!)
1 red pepper, roasted, peeled
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp Sambal
1 small bunch dill
1 small bunch cilantro
juice of one lime, one lemon
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water

Roast the red pepper, cool and peel. Blend all ingredients in a food processor. I started with the juice + garlic + carrot. Then added the celery and the rest of the ingredients (that I prefer a bit chunky)

for the avocado sorbet

1 ripe avocado, mashed
juice of 1/2 lime
cumin
lime
cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipped cream, whipped
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Blend all ingredients until smooth and chill.

2 comments:

kaitlin said...

mmm. I'm with your husband. Gazpacho and bruschetta are two of my favourite foods. The avocado sorbet sounds really interesting.

The French said...

Wow. Avocado sorbet? I'm in!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License