Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cilantro Lime Aioli...and pork skewers, gai lan, sweet potato fries.



This aioli was really a star at the table last night.

I initially did it for the sweet potato fries instead of a plain mayo, but Isabel started dipping her pork in it, next thing I knew, I was doing it too.



For the greens.
Wash them carefully (I hate crunching on sand!) and mix with sesame oil, lots of chopped ginger and garlic, and some salt. We cooked them on the grill in a foil pocket.

For the sweet potato fries.
Cut into matchstick and toss with garlic, sambal and a bit of oil. Pop in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes.

For the skewers.
These were so tender - I marinated them before leaving for work in the morning...
A mix of canola oil, lots of garlic, lots of ginger, beer, soy sauce.

For the aioli.
In the bowl of a mixer, combine: 1 egg yolk, 1 large tablespoon of dijon, juice of 1 lime, 2 cloves garlic (or more!), salt and pepper. Slowly add the oil of your choice until the right consistency is reached (about 3/4 cup - one cup, taste as you go!) Start adding the oil drop by drop as the mixer is going, then add as a slow stream. Finish with chopped cilantro and more lime juice if desired.

10 comments:

simplyfreshottawa said...

I always look forward to your postings. Thank you for this great idea to spice up pork (and sweet potatoes!)

Marysol said...

thank you Jodi!!!!

i like spice :D

One of Ottawa's Real Foodies said...

The aioli sounds great and it is so easy to make. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marysol said...

Hope you make it!

I used to make homemade mayo every single day for a restaurant... So I don't measure much anymore and tend to do it carelessly - tell me if yours does turn out. And if not, you can write me an angry email!

Heather said...

Looks yummy, Marysol!

Marysol said...

Did you go see the chicken talk? Email me if you need company for another occasion like that!!

{lovely little things} said...

This dinner sounds AMAZING!

Marysol said...

well, come on over for dinner next time you are in the neighborhood! Seattle is what? A four day drive? I will feed you via the blog for awhile...

Nikki said...

Seriously yum! I'm going to make this next week. Love your photos, they are beautiful.

Isabel said...

miammmmm! So simple but awesome tasting. I would dip my pork in that aioli sauce any time!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License