Thursday, April 29, 2010

Other people's lunches... do you ever wonder?



Sprouts are sprouting everywhere.
My seed situation is almost out of control... I have so much growing and I still have the seeds from Beckta to pick up. And I still need to separate these. My organic soil and compost and manure are right next to the garden, just waiting for me, to have time.

I am having a 'coup de coeur' for the chard, such a beautiful contrast of bright green and lush magenta. I still am looking for garden-swap friends if any of you are interested.



Today, I realized that the lunch that I was preparing would seem like supper for a lot of people. I put a lot of love into our lunches... I often prepare udon or soba noodle salads, yesterday I had a fennel salad, the day before, papaya. It just got me thinking...

What do you have for lunch?

6 comments:

Don said...

My better half usually prepares lunch for me. We cook enough at dinner that we usually eat leftovers for lunch: fried rice with plenty of veg (maybe topped with some nuts), noodles with meat ant veg (sometimes curry), sandwiches with slices of roast beast (usually chicken), and the odd salad.

Your lunch looks fresh and delicious!

Incidentally, I am always snacking on raw almonds. It is a habit I picked up from my first manager.

Marysol said...

Don, I love that you said Roast Beast!!!

I would swap lunches with you anytime!

Eva said...

I love me my leftovers but often I just scrounge and come up with an odd assortment of little bits of this and that. It's never the same and rarely a sandwich. I too put a lot of love and time into making the hubby's and my lunch. I know he appreciates it as much as I do come lunchtime!

勝傑懿綺 said...

pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!!........................................

Asha at beFOODled said...

Unless I have leftovers, it's usually a peanut-butter-and-jam sandwich or hummus and pita, plus some snacks: small yogurts, cheese and crackers, a pear or some crudités (usually cucumbers or cherry tomatoes).

Victoria @ Hibiscus Bloem said...

Today I had homemade focaccia bread with sliced tomatoes and avocado, with orange infused balsamic. It was delicious. I had the same yesterday it was so good.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License