Sunday, April 11, 2010

Friends, Food and Garden



This little flower I found in the back of our yard, hidden amongst the ferns and rosebushes...
I would like tons all over my lawn, instead, I have hundreds of dandelions, they keep me busy for hours.

I spent a long part of the day getting the garden ready.
I have decided to make it larger this year, it will be madness. I remember having trouble keeping up last year, but I like a challenge and I am a silly girl. I will start my sprouts this week - it was the plan today, but rain made me dash for the garage with all my tools and shovel. Anyone else starting veggies? Maybe I could trade some, I tend to be excessive...

Food news of the weekend.



Lovely beets.



Manchego, spicy Hungarian salami, bresaola, absolutely tremendous aged gouda!!!



The Griddler strikes again! Grilled balsamic marinated veggies with roasted kale... my favourites were the fennel and raddichio.



Lemon meringue pie. Minis for us and some guests on Saturday night.



Big cloudy-dreamy one for my mum.

I am surrounded by yellow. The beets. The pie. Dozens of daffodils around the house and these ...



Too tired for recipes, but if you want one, leave a comment, it will be my pleasure to share.

6 comments:

Larissa Beznaczuk-Smyrnew said...

Beautiful pictures Marysol, love the lemon tarts!

Asha at beFOODled said...

Love the cute mini lemon pie because it has a big Buddha belly!

I hope you kept the dandelion leaves. They are delicious in salad. Fry some lardons of bacon in a frying pan until crispy, and then add the dandelion leaves in the pan and toss to coat!

Marysol said...

oh my! no worries i still have tons of dandelions... it seems that there are two kinds, huge 'nests' with tinier leaves and smaller one with bigger leaves. They are a pain for me, so I never thought of that!!

Will do this week, I have nice double smoked bacon and it will make you laugh.

Eva said...

Yellow is happiness - beautiful shots once again!

nicole said...

Miam miam que ça l'air bon!

Au cas où que tu ne le sais pas, la petite fleur blanche, c'est de la Sanguinaire du Canada (Bloodroot). Elle se propagent d'année en année, alors tu en auras probablement plus l'année prochaine. Les fleurs jaunes, ce sont des forsythia...

Marysol said...

Nicole, tu m'impressionne... Vas-tu planter des légumes cette année?? Veux-tu faire un swap?

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License