Monday, March 8, 2010

Tofu, Veggies, Brown Rice...and the Best Dressing Ever.



I get fixated on certain food items. This dressing for the rice I have eaten so much of - I have prepared rice and veggies many times just as an excuse to eat it.

Oddly, for me, it works well only with brown rice. I like to add sunflower seeds and tamari almonds for extra crunch. As for vegetables, roasted carrots are great, flowery greens also (like brocoli). I roasted some carrots, green and red peppers, zucchini, rapini in a bit of sesame oil and salt.

The tofu I marinated for 20 minutes in a mix of soy, tamari and sambal olek.

I hope I get the proportions right for the dressing for those of you who will actually try it at home!!! Give me feedback.

Sesame Ginger Dressing

3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sesame oil
1 1/2 inch ginger
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 apple cider vinegar
Salt
White and black sesame seeds

Mix all ingredients except sesame seeds in a blender. Mix in sesame seeds before serving.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License