Friday, March 5, 2010

Papaya Salad



When I am feeling a bit under the weather, I eat vegetables, a lot of vegetables.
For lunch today, a light papaya salad. I loooove papaya salad. A mix of crunch, sweet, spicy, salty.

I prepare my veggies with a mandolin slicer. I cut my knuckles once with one, and have been careful ever since... Always be attentive even if you feel confident, it is still extremely sharp. It is worth the $30 though, you can slice everything quickly and in very even slices.

Papaya Salad

Half a papaya
1 carrot
1 red pepper
1 green onion
Big handful of honey peas
Big handful of cilantro
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
4 dashes fish sauce
2 Tbsp sambal (I like it spicy, tone it down if you are unsure)
Juice of 1 lime
1/3 chunk of palm sugar (you can replace with a bit of white sugar)
1/4 or less of canola oil

Cut all the vegetables and mix the rest of the ingredients.

Last night's dinner, a Simon special request, crispy noodles.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License