Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Granola my love




I've always really loved granola and yoghurt for breakfast but I've rarely found a granola that I loved... They are often too sweet, not enough clusters, not enough crunch, pretty much only oats.

Making your own rocks, that's all I can say.


3 cups good quality rolled oats
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 sliced natural almonds
1 cup unsweetened coconut
2 Tbsp golden flaxseed
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup pecans
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dried fruit (I used dates and Thompson raisins)
1/2 cup wheat germ


Preheat the oven to 300. Stir together everything, spread out on a cookie sheet, and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10. Monitor closely and ensure it does not overcook, it should be just golden. Let cool without stirring for 30 minutes, it will form clusters. Store in airtight containers - should be about 4 liters.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License