Monday, March 8, 2010

Crispy Potato Roast



It is difficult to make potatoes exciting. Mash. Bake. Roast. Mash. This was a nice change.

I craved roast chicken, and what better side than crispy roasted potatoes! I also redid the absolutely superb zucchini salad - I swear, this is my new favourite and I will have zucchini growing in the garden this year because of it.



Crispy Potato Roast

6-7 yellow fleshed potatoes, sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1/3 cup butter
Fresh thyme

Mix all the ingredients together, arrange nicely in a round plate and put in a hot oven for 45 minutes. Take out of the oven and brush with butter, cook for another 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Eva said...

So pretty! So simple! I am totally going to make this soon!

I agree - potatoes lose their pizzazz sometimes! This is an excellent 'twist' on the old 'roasted potato'!

Marysol said...

Definitely try it! Do it when guests come over so that you look like you slaved over it for hours...

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License