Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eggplant Dip, Roasted Squash, Greens...

We had a nice yumfest last night.

A cute squash (called Delicate Squash!) was delicious roasted with nutmeg, a bit of chili and maple syrup.



Lovely greens with lemon and garlic.



A lonely eggplant got turned into a spread for naan.



Eggplant Spread

1 large eggplant, skin removed, cut into small pieces
1/2 zucchini, cubed
3 shallots, minced
1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
1 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp ginger, minced
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/3 cup chopped baby tomatoes (from my garden last summer!!!)
1/2 cup white wine
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 bird's eye chili, finely minced
1 Tbsp sugar (I used palm sugar)
Olive oil

Sautée the shallot in olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and let it bubble away for at least 30 minutes.

2 comments:

sherimiya said...

Hi Marysol,
Your blog is simply lovely. The photos, the unique recipes, all of it! Thanks for linking me; if you hadn't, I wouldn't have found you. :)

Marysol said...

It's my pleasure!! By linking you I am reminded to go see your blog every day, I love it!!!

I searched Chinatown (in Ottawa, Canada) for containers and decorations like yours, and only found some toothpicks. I can't wait to have children to make them lunches like you do, that is what makes childhood magical.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License