Monday, January 4, 2010

Quick Banana Bread



Did I ever post this recipe?
I may have, because I love anything that says 'quick' and am loyal to foolproof recipes - this turns out perfect every time no matter what variation I decide to try...

Today, I added cranberries, apricots and walnuts to the recipe.




Quick banana bread

Preheat oven to 350

Sift together and set aside:
1 3/4 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt.

in another bowl, mix:
1/3 cup soft butter
2/3 cup white sugar

Mix in:
1 beaten egg
2 ripe bananas, mashed
zest of one orange

Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. I like to add a dash of cinnamon, maybe nutmeg :) then add your nuts or dried fruit. Cook for about 1 hour. You can use a 9x9 cake pan, a round 9inch springform or a bread pan (but I find that the edges tend to get too dark for the centre to be fully cooked). Also, you can either butter + flour your pan or use parchment paper - that is what I do, less messy.


For the icing:
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
juice of half an orange + zest
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Just mix all the ingredients together and pour over the bread - make sure there are no sugar clumps!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License