Saturday, January 16, 2010

fried smelts, twice baked potatoes...



Do you remember Hung from Top Chef?
I really related to him, I think I was a bit the same when I worked in restaurants. I loved the challenge of doing too many things in too little time. It made me smile when I had 10 orders on the go and 10 more in the back of my mind - you feel challenged.

Last night I took the bus home and, as it drops me right in front of my mum's house, I stopped by to say hello. Then walked over to the grocery store and got a few things for dinner: oh what a treat when I saw smelts!!!

I slowly walked home and appreciated the mild weather.
Arranged for a computer conversation via Skype as a gallery in Edmonton was planning the last details for the opening of my solo art show...

Then I saw the time.
I had about one hour before Simon got home and at that time also, the doors to the gallery would open and they would get Skype going again (so that I could see the crowd!)

In record time:
Twice baked potatoes with aged cheddar, roasted fennel, bruschetta with garlic croutons, roasted chestnuts, roasted kale, fried smelts...

We toasted with delicious Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That looks so delicious! Also congrats on the solo art show, I had no idea!

Marysol said...

i try not to talk about the art part too much at work, it may weird some people out!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License