Monday, December 21, 2009

rum soaked raisin & chocolate cookies



From the first bite, I wondered: what do these remind me of?
A few bites later, I figured they tasted exactly like Glosette candies...

I did not have my kitchenaid, so they turned a bit less fluffy than they should have. Make sure you beat the butter and sugar well - but no worries, they taste just as good if you do it with a spoon and arm power.

I used Cuban dark rum, I suppose any amber or spiced rum would do. I would not use white rum though...



YIELD: 4 Dozen

1 cup butter, softened
1 cups white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 Cup raisins soaked in rum (I used Thompson raisins)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

* Set raisin in flat bowl and pour rum over them to soak in while you prepare the chocolate raisin cookie batter. You can help them out a bit by putting them on low heat, they will drink up!

* In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.

* Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.

* Drain off all reserved liquid from the rum soaked raisins.

* Mix in the chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheets.

* Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.

1 comment:

Heather said...

great photos, Marysol!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License