Thursday, December 17, 2009

mini tourtières



Last night was the test run for my tourtières.

We ate these with a fabulous salad suggested by Bellsa at work - everyone was raving about this salad, so I had to try it... a mix of squash, bacon, dried cranberries, red onion and a maple based dressing.

The tourtières were great and they are now ready to pass on to the mini stage!

How I prepare mine:
I cook a mix of pork, veal and lamb. Drain off all the fat.
Then I add my spices & onion (allspice, cloves, cinnamon)
I let it cook for about 1 hour in chicken stock so that the meat gets really tender.

Then I like to top it with mashed potatoes instead of more pastry...
I mix in butter, cream and one egg so that it gets all golden crunchy on top.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License