Friday, December 4, 2009

banana chocolate muffins



Sometimes, I can't sleep and keep making lists in my head about the day to come - so I get up, and bake.

Chocolate and banana, Simon's favourite.



Chocolate, walnut and banana muffins

Wet Mix (this fits in a 500ml container, if you want to do it the night before and store it in the fridge...)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup apple sauce (I make my own and I like it chunky so that you have nice apple chunks in the muffins)
1 egg
1 banana, very ripe, mashed

Dry Mix
1 cup oats
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp spices - I used a tiny bit of cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, do not overmix. This made 11 small muffins.

Bake for about 20 minutes. Press down on the muffin, it should not spring back.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License