Tuesday, November 17, 2009

honey, pear and hazelnut muffins



I made these with my basic muffin recipe and did a few substitutions.

For one, no pecans but rather hazelnuts. I love hazelnuts. I love them so much that I was up late last night cracking them open because I had none that were shelled.

The second substitution is the yoghurt. I had goat's milk. I love the combination of pear and goat cheese, so why not try it in a muffin?

Last but not least, I had no more brown sugar. I replaced with a combination of palm sugar and honey. Oh! And I had no more orange juice, but replace with sweet apple cider.

good morning!


honey, pear and hazelnut muffins


Wet Mix (this fits in a 500ml container, if you want to do it the night before and store it in the fridge...)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sweet apple cider
1/2 cup goat's milk yoghurt
1/2 cup apple sauce (I make my own and I like it chunky so that you have nice apple chunks in the muffins)
1 egg
1/4 cup honey

Dry Mix
1 cup oats
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp spices - I used a tiny bit of cinnamon
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1 chunk palm sugar
1 pear, chopped

Preheat your oven to 350. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, do not overmix. This made 10 small muffins.

Bake for about 20 minutes. Press down on the muffin, it should not spring back.

2 comments:

Enid said...

Came aross your recipe randomly online, and tried it. Very good : )

Marysol said...

Glad you made it!! Keep the basic recipe on hand, it is so versatile!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License