Sunday, October 25, 2009

roast chicken

The week just flew.
It was so busy at work, i came home and was wonderfilled thinking of all that I had accomplished during the day, and then made efforts to make dinner and clean and make art.

Dinners were so simple, we ate a lot of fish, although the highlight for me was crispy greens. I ate them with everything and almost every night. I bought a huge bag of Chinese greens and we roasted some with garlic and lemon zest (and ginger on some nights). Friday we got our share of a CSA box with kale and beets - so we had kale and beet greens 'chips'.

And I have to say, I was too lazy to take pictures. I stayed late at work to take pictures for work and when I got home, kaput, no more.


Yesterday, even though it officially was the weekend, was still hectic.
I got up and within 5 minutes, was drawing.
This gave the tone for dinner, it had to be effortless and easy.

We had a wonderful roast chicken from Saveurs Des Monts, the sauce was delicious. In a cast iron pot I threw in some leek, carrot, garlic, onion, thyme - left it in the oven for 2 hours. We strained the 'juice' and dipped our already juicy chicken in it, it was sinful. Sometimes simple is sooooooooo good.



Then did some nice root veg: butternut squash, potatoes, colorful carrots, beets, onion tossed with maple syrup, cider vinegar, grated garlic, butter, salt and pepper.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License