Sunday, July 26, 2009

saturday night treat

once in awhile, simon gathers up the courage to prepare a meal for me. this was the case last night, i was so delighted that i even skipped the afternoon nachos with friends in a nearby pub not to ruin my appetite.

i was famished (after a lengthy walk in the neighborhood in search of houses for sale with our friends) and reminded myself of a vulture. I was snooping around the kitchen, waiting for scraps of food - isn't this totally guy behavior?

luckily, simon was working in the corner, so i couldn't get my hands on 'his' food.


he made delicious pasta (fresh) with red onion, baby yellow tomatoes (from our garden), serrano ham, italian parley (also from the garden), in a yummy creamy garlic and parmesan sauce.


ta-da!
i ate so fast i thought my tummy would burst. and then we still had pie.


i made a pie with rhubarb and raspberries from our yard, and added some blueberries. we scooped some ice cream over it and it was heavenly. then, i fell asleep on simon lap :)

perfection.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

ha! that's like me. takes a lot of courage to cook for my husband.

marysol said...

ha ha, that is why you are invited to cooking classes!!

thetwistedchef said...

ok... so when can i get invited for dinner? that sounds wonderful ... fresh pasta - oh how it makes my heart swell and tastes so delicious. you two sound like you had the perfect evening!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License