Thursday, July 17, 2008

the compromise

When it comes to deciding on a meal, I have to say, I have a hard time taking a decision... Give me a menu at the restaurant, and then wait. And wait. And wait.

Same thing goes for dinner. Every single day, to my boyfriend's grand despair, I ask: what would you like to eat? I can never choose or make a decision by myself.

(Just for the record, that is certainly not the case for the rest of my life! I know where I'm going... most of the time!)

Last night Simon said he wanted a big bowl of pasta. I felt like shrimp and scallops.
Et voilà, The Compromise!!


Very yummy pasta and watercress salad.

Fat spaghetti
Lot's of olive oil
1 Tbsp Sambal Olek
5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 French shallot, finely minced
1 roasted red pepper (from last night's dinner!), diced
2 fresh tomatoes, diced
12-15 shrimp, cut in half lenghtwise
12 scallops
fresh basil and parsley


I started by softening the shallot in olive oil and Sambal Olek (adjust the seasoning to your liking... I put a very generous Tbsp, it was spicy!). Add the tomato and red pepper. cook for 2-3 minutes on med-high heat. Add the garlic. Make a well in the center of your saucepan, add more heat, let it heat, and drop in the shrimp and scallops. Cook for about 3 minutes, turning the seafood halfway. When seafood is cooked through, add basil.

I like to add my pasta to the sauce to be able to dose the sauce-pasta ratio better and I find it is nice to mix them on the heat. ( For some recipes I like to cook the pasta even more so that it is a bit crunchy.

Compromise is good.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License