Monday, May 19, 2008

We're eating ribs baby!!!!

Oh so sorry, long time no post...
I've been blaming this on the yucky photographs.
It's not that I don't cook. I at least do lunch and dinner every day. Sometimes I even throw in muffins or cake in the morning.

Lately, I've been in test-mode.
Trying to actually measure out some things and this I will share.

But before I do, I just have to say, I did the most awesome little chorizo appetizer...
Dice and roast chorizo. Drain the fat. Mix the meaty bits with garlic, and an equal part mashed potatoes. Coat with panko bread crumbs. Fry.
Yum.



Anyways, back to ribs. Boys like ribs.

I did not eat ribs when I was young. I did not eat much meat...Actually, I sucked the juices out and spit it back gently into my plate. Kinda gross. Then closed my eyes and wished for fruit.

My mind changed about ribs when I did some myself. Never was much impressed by what I ate elsewhere, and sometimes I closed my eyes when people ate them. Mom at Dim Sum, eating those tiny ginger ribs, ewwww. I think I was way less disgusted by chicken feet...

Ribs are on the menu for a thing at work in a few weeks. I am testing away.
This is test #3, and it is final. Heaven. Tears-in-the-eyes-of-the-boyfriend heaven.
One thing is for sure, Simon will marry me for food.

I marinate them the night before or the morning of.
Cook at 300F for 3 hours. Roast or BBQ at the end. Crunchy-soft goodness.
This is a lot of marinade, I bought a big big package of baby-back ribs.

3/4 cup broth (I mix beef and chicken)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 hoisin sauce
1/4 cup premium dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 Tbsp Chinese five spice (I grind it right before, use fresh, it tastes better!)
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped

Girls like ribs too.

1 comment:

kaitlin said...

That is a terribly adorable picture. And I might have to go back through your blog and read every post tonight :) It's been that sort of a day.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License